By: Agnes P. Baluyot
Stress is a state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in life, work etc. (Merriam Webster). When stressed, one may experience headache, the feeling of nauseated, dizziness or just plain overwhelmed. Stress can have a huge impact in every aspect of life and we just can’t simply wish stress to go away so it is necessary to have ways on reducing stress to maintain both physical and emotional health. Here are some tips that can help you effectively manage stress:
- Keep Things in Perspective. Feeling stressed is just a natural reaction when something bad or anything happens that can make you disappointed. In this case, try to step back and ask yourself if the issue still matter in the next years. If the answer is no, take a deep breath and move
- List Some Solutions and Come Up With a Plan. If there is a specific problem you need to fix, try to think of all possible solutions and make a list and pick the best one for your situation. Having options and coming up with a concrete plan will reduce
- Learn to Accept Things Beyond Your Control. Not all circumstances are beyond our control so one must have to learn how to cope with and accept it. But you can control over how you react to stressful situations. Thus, staying calm in addressing problems can help someone in managing
- Take Time to Relax and Recharge. Taking time for one’s self is important for both preventing and managing stress, so treat yourself at least one relaxing activity every day. Listening to music, meditating, writing in a journal, or enjoying a soothing bubble bath are all great ways to relax and relieve stress.
- Get Some Regular Exercise Every Day. Exercise is one of the best methods for managing stress because it can relieve both the physical and emotional effects of stress. One can consider fitness choices that deliver specific stress-reducing effects like yoga and tai
- Open Up and Express Your Feelings to Other People. If something’s bothering you, don’t keep it to yourself. Talk to people you trust, like friends, family, or coworkers, about what’s on your mind. Even if you’re not looking for specific advice, it usually feels good just to get your feelings out into the
Stress is impossible to avoid all the time but is possible to keep by having and doing some of these tips.