1. The Department of Education recently released DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2020, titled
Revised Guidelines on Alternative Work Arrangements in the Department of Education
during the Period of State of National Emergency due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
2. The said order identifies the essential services of the schools that shall be delivered
regardless of any community quarantine. The School Head, in consultation with the
teachers, shall determine how these services can be delivered while still enforcing the
strictest health protocols in school.
3. The most plausible four-week Alternative Work Arrangements, as determined by the
school taking into consideration its unique context and following the formats and
arrangements as stated in DO 11, s. 2020, shall be submitted to this Office for approval.
These shall also be used by the SDO for monitoring purposes.
4. Emphasis is given to the need for identifying target deliverables for all school
personnel to justify physical reporting in school and to ensure that despite work from home
arrangements, schools are increasing their readiness for the upcoming opening of classes.
5. This Office reiterates that “all DepEd teaching and nonteaching personnel are
expected to make themselves available during working hours and to maximize the time
spent in the discharge of their duties and responsibilities. They are expected to observe
honesty, integrity, and professionalism in the conduct of their duties so that government
time, money, and resources are employed and used efficiently, honestly, and economically,
to avoid wastage of public funds and resources.”
6. Moreover, all employees are reminded to remain vigilant in the face of the lowered
levels of community quarantine and undertake safety protocols at home and in the office
with seriousness and responsibility.
7. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.