By: Agnes P. Baluyot
Customers are every organization’s most vital asset because without them, employees would not exist. One can easily attract customers by reducing prices or giving free gifts but if no relationship will be created with them, they’re not going to return or recommend you.
Sometimes, it can be challenging to build those relationships but here are some tips for excellent customer service:
- Listen to Customers. Most of the time, customers need someone to attend for their concerns. If they’re confused or have a problem, by lending a listening ear, you’re showing that you care and that you’re not dismissing
- Learn to Apologize. When something goes wrong, apologize. Saying “I’m sorry” does not mean the fault is yours but think about the calmness it can give to the customer. Don’t engage in fault-finding or laying blame, but let them know you’re sorry if they had a problem. Deal with the problem immediately and let the customer know what you have
- Take Them Seriously. Always make customers feel that they are important because customers can be very sensitive and they can easily know if you really care about. No matter how absurd a question may sound, it is important to the customer. If they feel like they’re unappreciated they will not purchase
- Stay Calm. It is important to stay calm all the time because calming approach will help customer stay calm too. They will feel like the situation is in control and the problem can be
- Identify and Anticipate Needs. Most customer needs are emotional rather than logical. The more you know your customers, the better you become at anticipating their needs. Communicate regularly so that you’re aware of problems or upcoming
- Acknowledge Your Limits. Know your limits. You can’t be everything to everyone. If you don’t think you can fulfill the request, help them find an alternate remedy. Whether that remedy is your business or another, they will appreciate the extra mile you went to help them, and will recommend your business to their network.
- Get Regular Feedback. Feedback is a great way to grow both your business and your skills. Provide ways for customers to give feedback, whether it’s a follow up email or phone call, a suggestions box or something more fun and innovative.